Gilgit, January 27: GB Health Secretary, Dr. Faisal Zahoor, has banned use of five medicines in Gilgit Baltistan with immediate effect.
The banned medicines include;
- Tablet Zefnol by Zafa Fasrma Lahore
- Solpril‚ byFarma Wise Lahore
- Cardiovastan by Mega Farma Lahore
- Lsopab by Efroz Farma Karachi
- Corcot by Swiss Farma Karachi.
The ban was announced today through a press release issued by the Health Department. All government and private firms have been directed to halt supply of the above mentioned medicines.
The press release, however, did not mention any alternate medicines that can be used in place of the banned ones. This might create issues for patients who are dependent on these medicines.