Gilgit - Baltistan

House catches fire in Gilgit city, residents safe

PT Report

Gilgit, November 3: A house, reportedly belonging to Executive Engineer (Exen) Rasheed, caught fire in the upper Jutial locality of Gilgit city at around 0625 this evening. All people of the family were safely rescued but the upper portion of the house is completely gutted.

Firefighters were able to control the fire from spreading with the help of members of the Ismaili Boys Scout and Volunteer corps of Yasin Colony. A large number of the local residents and some members of a search and rescue team also came to the site and took part in the efforts to control the fire.

Officials of the police department and district administration were also present at the site. The Fire Brigade reached the spot at around 06:42, within 17 minutes of the incident.

According to initial report the fire erupted due to a an electric short-circuit.

It is pertinent to note that in the mountainous areas people rely on electricity, firewood and coal for keeping their houses warm during the extremely harsh cold winter. this incident also teaches us to be careful and alert to avoid disaster and destruction.

Related Articles

Back to top button
%d bloggers like this: