Hunzukuzhan in Scandinavia – VI (Immigration Options)

Shaukat Ali Khan

In this article I will highlight the immigration and visa options for professionals who are interested in moving to Scandinavian or European countries.

Green Card Scheme for Denmark: From 2008, Danish government started a Green Card Scheme to attract and retain highly skilled professionals from non-EU countries.

It’s a point based scheme where professionals can get three years residence and work permit in Denmark. With Green Card the professionals and their families will be able to stay in Denmark and look for suitable employment.
Within the first three years if a primary applicant gets any kind of job and is able to show the tax returns to the authorities for the previous year then it is very likely their visa will be extended to some more years and eventually a permanent resident visa will be granted after 5 years of stay and fulfilling the requirements.

The primary objective is to attract professionals from all over the world to the Scandinavia, so that they can serve the companies and fulfil their requirements.

Professionals have to score 100 points to get the Green Card which consists of education, experience, age, language and adaptability.

Interested professionals will get all the details regarding the Green Card from the official link below.



According to the Danish newspapers only 43% of the Green Card holders have managed to score professional jobs, so it is important to understand that the competition is tough.

EU Blue Card: Until 2008: it was rather difficult to get resident and working visa in many European countries, but that is not the case anymore. Highly skilled professionals can get the EU Blue card based on one year job contract in any European country except for the UK, Denmark and Ireland. The objective is to attract highly educated people from non-EU countries and retain them.

A basic condition is job offer, education, age and work experience. Interested professionals can read more about the EU Blue Card from the official link below.


Information about all the above-mentioned schemes is available on the websites and you only need an Internet connection to explore these options.
It is recommended not to spend a penny on any type of consultancy, as information is available on the relevant websites. If you don’t have the required skills and education then don’t waste your time, as it’s almost impossible to get any legal status in these countries and if anyone still manages to enter these countries then the life for such people is going to be miserable, where every single day is a challenge of survival for such people. Some people spend huge amounts of money with different agents to get access to any of these countries. If they enter these countries illegally then they will realize their big mistake of losing all their money. So if you are interested to live or work in Europe then the only respectable way is to get good education and then apply for higher education or if you have experience and skills then apply for professional jobs.

The Greencard scheme


It is possible to be granted a residence permit for the purpose of seeking work, and subsequently working, in Denmark. A residence and work permit under the Greencard scheme is issued on the basis of an individual evaluation using a point system designed to assess the likelihood that the applicant w…

Related Articles


  1. Thank you Shoukat for sharing the info. In fact, it is volunteer work; you have spared time for it.

Check Also
Back to top button
%d bloggers like this: