Job Opening: PAKISTAN PROGRAM DIRECTOR
Iqra Fund is a U.S.-based NGO with an INGO registration in Gilgit-Baltistan. The organization was founded in 2011 and operates in Gilgit-Baltistan, currently in Gojal and Hunza, and Basha and Ganche Valleys in Baltistan. Iqra Fund provides the critical social services and funding necessary to break the financial, social, cultural, political, geographic and historical barriers that prevent girls from going to school, staying in school, and receiving a quality education. Programs focus on teacher hiring and training, community educaiton initiatives, and educational scholarships and support especially for girls. Iqra Fund’s management team is currently seaking a Program Director to work directly with the CEO, Director of Operations, and field staff to help develop, implement, and monitor programs while growing and developing Iqra Fund’s relationships and partnerships with appropriate agencies.
Salary Range and Benefits:
- Competitive salary/benefits depending on experience
- Masters in Education, Social Sciences, Development Sciences, or higher education in Education, Rural Development and/or related fields.
- Research work and/or publications in Education, Rural Development and/or related fields.
- Fluent English language required.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a leadership (manager or director) position in related field, INGO, NGO and/or Education and Rural Development sectors.
- Extensive experience working with remote communities and leaders in rural areas of Gilgit-Baltistan.
- Extensive experience developing, implementing and monitoring programs in the Education and/or Rural Development sector.
Regional Travel Expectations:
- Required travel throughout Gilgit-Baltistan and into the most remote valleys for frequent site visits.
Submit CV and Cover Letter by August 31st, 2013. Applications and CV will be accepted and processed until a candidate is hired. Candidates will be called to set up an interview.