Mon. Apr 19th, 2021

Father and newlywed son die of generator fumes in Gulmit, Gojal


Hunza:
Tragedy struck on Thursday morning in Gulmit village of Upper-Hunza after a father and his recently-wed son died of suffocation caused by the fumes of a power generator, while they were asleep.

According to details, the family of four went to sleep after dinner, leaving an electrical generator running, to keep the house warm using heaters. The generator fumes accumulated inside the house, which was sealed with plastics to stop the chilly mountain air from coming inside. Temperature in this part of the country can fall below zero degree centigrade.

The bride, married only for 15 days, gained conscious in the wee hours of the day, and found that three members of the family were unconscious.  She approached neighbors for help. All four individuals were shifted by the neighbors to the nearby hospital.

The deaths of the father, Muhammad Akram, 60, and son Nisar, 26, were confirmed at Tehsil Headquarter Hospital (THQ), Gulmit. The mother and her daughter-in-law were shifted to Aga Khan Medical Center, Aliabad, where they are reportedly out of danger.

Nisar was married 15 days ago.

Both the father and son were buried at Odver hamlet of Gulmit after postmortem at THQ hospital Gulmit.

Instagram did not return a 200.
%d bloggers like this: