Mon. Dec 9th, 2019

Seven members of a family sustain severe burns in house fire caused by cylinder’s explosion

The family of 8 was waiting for the meal to cook when the cylinder exploded


CHITRAL: Seven members of a family were badly burnt in Ayun Valley of District Chitral, after their house caught fire as a result of a cylinder explosion.

The burnt members of the family were earlier provided first aid at Rural Health Center (RHC) Ayun. Later they were shifted to the District Headquarters Hospital located in Chitral town.

The injured family members were identified as Shakir Ullah, Manzoor Ullah, Aasia Bibi, Aqtiqa Bibi, Shakila (12), Kehkashan (8) and Aayan (5).

The family was reportedly sitting around near an LPG cylinder (LPG) when it exploded and caught fire. All eight members of the family sustained burn injuries as a result of the incident.

The family members have sustained from 35 to 65 percent burns on their bodies, said a DHQ hospital source.

Thousands of families in the mountainous areas of Pakistan rely on gas-filled cylinder for cooking food, and lighting their homes, due to lack of electricity. The LPG cylinders are highly vulnerable and cause dozens of deaths every year by exploding.

The quality of the gas cylinders is not checked regularly for quality assurance, which puts the lives of citizens in danger.

Instagram did not return a 200.
%d bloggers like this: