R. Bano Hunzai
Celebrating independence by purchasing Pakistani Flag, decorating homes and streets, using fire-crackers – no matter how annoying, is not enough. Freedom with responsibility is the hallmark of independent nations.
I would urge the readers to consider the following, to express independence throughout the year.
- Contribute to strengthening of civil society in whatever manner and amount you can
- Stand in row while at counters. bus stops ,entrances, and exits of public places or just anywhere it is needed rather than jostling one other
- Don’t throw trash but put it in trash bin and co.Keep your surrounding clean.
- Don’t violate traffic rules rather abide by them and contribute to reduce annoying traffic jams.
- Don’t spit paan ,chaliya,on walls , streets and roads rather dispose them hygienically if possible quit these altogether.
- Switch off lights and other electrical appliances when not needed. Don’t misuse electricity.
- Recycle whatever can be recycled and stop over consumption.
- Reduce use of polythene bags rather quit altogether, take with you a fabric bag while going for shopping ,doing grocery etc.
- Buy Pakistani and be Pakistani
- Grow plants no matter how small or little space available at least few flower pots.
- Participate in politics by casting vote not by participating in damn strikes(Ehtijaj),protests(
- While casting vote consider the candidate’s capabilities and previous performance not family relations with or sect and ethnicity of the candidate,
- Be brave and bold ,don’t escape and rush abroad. Stay in your own country, face the realities and contribute to stabilize the absolute chaotic situation in Pakistan
- Hard work and merit only hard work and merit should be the criterion not PRs (Talooqat) or unfair means(JOGAR) and Bribe(Rishwat) while pursuing anything you desire to achieve.
- Don’t run after short cuts and easier ways by compromising quality rather prefer sustainability ,long term benefit and quality in anything your are committed to do.
- Don’t compromise rule of the law to pursue your vested interests but remain committed to rule of law firmly all the time.
- Offer helping hand and supporting shoulders to needy irrespective of ethnicity and sect