[Advocacy] Human Rights and the People of Gilgit – Baltistan, Part 2
Faced with political and constitutional limbo, Gilgit – Baltistan has a special place in the world community. The region’s unique cultural and natural heritage remains under developed and under utilized, mainly because of absence of an enabling governance mechanism.
The 63 years of political and constitutional deprivation have resulted in a social stagnation that leads to violation of globally accepted Human Rights.
Pamir Times has started a series of 06 posts in which we will highlight the 30 articles of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights Declaration (UDHR).
In this Second post of the weekly series we are putting Articles 6 -10 of the UDHR for awareness and contextual discussion.
- Everyone has the right to recognition everywhere as a person before the law.
- All are equal before the law and are entitled without any discrimination to equal protection of the law. All are entitled to equal protection against any discrimination in violation of this Declaration and against any incitement to such discrimination.
- Everyone has the right to an effective remedy by the competent national tribunals for acts violating the fundamental rights granted him by the constitution or by law.
- No one shall be subjected to arbitrary arrest, detention or exile.
- Everyone is entitled in full equality to a fair and public hearing by an independent and impartial tribunal, in the determination of his rights and obligations and of any criminal charge against him.
Please share your insights and experiences. Nm_.