By Israr Salahuddin
Passu Students Association seeks entries for a creative writing competition. Students and youth from Giglit, Baltistan and Chitral can take part in the competition. Read the details below:
Here are the rules for PSA Creative Writing Competition:
- Entries must be written in English
- Only one entry per person
- All work must be original and unaided
- The word count per entry is 750-1,000 words, please aim to keep within this
- Universities and Colleges Students from Gilgit-Baltistan studding around the globe can participate in the competition.
- Entries must be submitted online on the mention email ID of PSA.
- Late entries will not be accepted
- Entries received on paper or via post will not be accepted
- Please make sure your contact details are entered correctly – this is to make sure we can contact you if your entry is chosen as a winner or for publication
- Passu Student Association will arrange all publicity surrounding the competition winners and prize-giving. Winners are asked to refrain from arranging their own publicity or publication of winning entries
- We reserve the right to use entries for publication or promotional purposes
- Individuals will be notified by email in the event of their entry being selected for publication
- The work will be published in the coming online official magazine of PSA, “TRIBUTE”.
- The last date of the entries is March, 10, 2016.
If your entry is chosen by the judging panel as a winning or shortlisted entry or for inclusion in the PSA magazine, we’ll need this information:
- Name, age and home address
- Contact phone number and date of birth
- Category : There are two categories, Please mention your category
- College and University Name.
You will not be contacted by PSA for any purpose other than the writing competition.
- PSA formed a panel of highly qualified people to serve as competition judges.
- Competition winners will be contacted by PSA.
- The decision of the judging panel is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the decision
- Winning and selected entries will be include and published in the TRIBUNE magazine.
- Photographs of the winners together with their names and ages may be used in publicity campaigns with the consent of the entrants.
- Winners will be announced on our official page of Passu student Association and on Passu Times who is the media partner of the program.
- GLOF risk and preparedness,
- Depleting natural heritages ,
- Impact of CPEC on indigenous communities,
- Community based tourism, role of eco-tourism in sustainable development, community development through social entrepreneurship and value chain enhancement
The first, second and third position of PSA- Creative writing Competition will get cash price, High achiever award / certificate from PSA.
For any queries, feel free to contact us on our official face book page.