By: Rajab Ali Qamar
SKARDU: An employee of the Water and Power Department of Gilgit-Baltistan has died after being electrocuted while working on an electricity pole.
The employee, identified as Fida from Patang Kachura, was reportedly working on a pole when the Kachura Station allegedly switched the power on without informing the lineman.
The deceased is survived by five daughters and wife.
A large number of linemen have lost their lives due to electrocution caused by lack of proper coordination and safety measures.